BUILD YOUR CREDIT WITH RENT
If you’re a renter, your largest monthly expense is probably your rent payment. Yet you don’t build your credit score by paying your rent on time. You can be penalized on your credit report for a rental eviction but you aren’t rewarded for being a responsible renter and making your rent payments. This puts you at a disadvantage because you’re not building credit with a major monthly expense. Homeowners build their credit score by paying their mortgage. It’s time you build your credit score by paying your rent.
- Build Your Credit Score with Rent – Add a new trade line to your credit report that demonstrates your on-time rent payment history and your credit worthiness.
- Get Credit for Your Last 2 Years of Rent Today – Add up to 24 months of on-time rent payment history to your credit report today.
- Build Credit without Going into Debt – By building your credit score with rent you don’t have to worry about interest payments or falling into debt and financial trouble.
- 30 Day Grace Period for Rent – As long as you pay your rent within 30 days it’s considered on-time on your credit report.
- Once enrolled, your landlord or property manager will be contacted and your rental history will be verified.
- Make sure to inform your landlord or property manager that a rental verification will be requested on your behalf in the coming days.
- After your rent payments have been verified, your rent payments will be reported to your credit report as a positive trade line.
- Every month your landlord or property manager will be contacted to verify that month’s rent payment.
See the Results:
- Check your credit report and credit score to see the benefit to your credit standing.
- With a better credit score you can save tens of thousands of dollars on your car payments and your mortgage.
FES Corporate Office:
Over the past 12 years, Financial Education Services has created countless financial programs aiming to satisfy the need for financial security. We’ve covered the spectrum to create pieces for each of part of the financial puzzle.